InterVenn Biosciences is seeking mass spectrometry scientists to join our highly collaborative and supportive mass spectrometry team. The desired candidates would have experience in the field of mass spectrometry- based proteomics, highly motivated and resourceful. Their work will enable qualitative and quantitative epi- proteomics workflow development for innovative biomarker discovery.
- Oversee mass spectrometry instrumentation operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Lead laboratory operations in development of sample preparation, peptide separation methods, data analysis and interpretation, glycoproteomic technology evaluation, glycoproteomic software evaluation.
- The junior roles will provide support to the technical leads.
- Discover, develop and implement innovative proteomic capabilities for our biomarker discovery platform.
- Train and supervise new analysts in glycoprotein mass spectrometry workflows
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards.
- Align and collaborate with project managers, computational biologists and software development project leads across the biomarker discovery project portfolio.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Extensive experience (> 4 years for the Sr Scientist role and > 8 years for Principal scientist) in applied mass spectrometry-based proteomics is required.
- Industry experience and oncology training is advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge and application of complex sample preparation methodologies as applied to protein mass spectrometry workflows, implementing quantitative mass spectrometry-based strategies including label-free analyses (DIA, PRM/SRM) methods.
- Experience in relevant methodologies including feature discovery, protein post-translation modification identification, glycome and glycoproteome analyses.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers
- Applied knowledge with MS software analysis pipelines
- Proven record of being a fast learner, flexible, excellent communicator and mindful team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.